Let me introduce myself. I’m Tia, just a girl out in the world. A bit of a hobo, I’ve been living out of my suitcase since Sept 2009. I’m learning LOTS about myself, and maybe… someday… I’ll have me all figured out! But that’s okay, life’s about the Voyage, not the Destination. Go me!
This blog is an attempt at making sense of all the crazy things in my head, as I continue to learn about myself and adjust my lifestyle accordingly.
I would love to be able to connect with like-minded nomads, minimalists, ex-pats, and other roamers of the world. I am in no way a fancy writer of words, so just deal with it.
The randomness that is me:
- I’m from a multi-cultural family, first traveled out of country when I was 4 years old, and have had the travel bug ever since! (You should see my first passport…I’m so cute! hehe)
- I’ve been Vegetarian for 20+ years, Vegan for the last 6 years, with the occasional gluten-free and macrobiotic thrown in there for fun. Consequently, I love to cook!
- I have never owned a car in my life. (Yes, I do know HOW to drive, but I go YEARS between drives, hehe).
- My preferred method of getting around is walking. I LOVE to walk! Other approved forms of transportation include: motor scooter, bicycle, subway, chicken bus. I just don’t like cars.
- I love commas and exclamation marks, and over-use them enthusiastically!!!
- I’m half-Coloradoan, half-Californian, and half-Chilean – therefore, if I can’t see the sun for more than 1 day straight, I fall into a sad sunless depression. Also, I can’t do math.
- I am older than I look, and younger than I am.
- I’ve never been a pack-rat (luckily), and usually live in tiny apartments or on people’s couches, which keeps my possessions down to a minimum. I thought adopting a true minimalist lifestyle would be easy….until I got to my books. Turns out, not so much! *sigh* But I know I can do it! Stay tuned…
- My constant travel companion is a tiny gnome named Jasper Longfellow.
- I’m a little too bouncy for my own good! 😀 And I love meeting new people. If I meet you, you’re getting a hug. That’s just how I roll.
- I love nature!… just not when it touches me.
- Photography is fun! Too bad I suck at it. Oh well, it’s not gonna stop me from trying.
- I do my best thinking at Starbucks! Don’t judge.
- And finally…my all-time favorite movies are: (1) Swiss Family Robinson, (2) Captain Ron, and (3) Indiana Jones. No, the symbolism is not lost on me.
It’s very nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by. Post up a comment and say hi, or follow me on Twitter.
Your friend on the road,